All of us want skin which makes us look younger, more radiant and healthy. Studies have shown that the first signs of aging is visible on the skin around your eyes, but Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Treatment Cream promises to deliver brighter, more healthy looking skin in this area when used as directed.
Results of the treatment can be seen as early as just a few weeks after starting to use the cream. The key benefits are visibly softer lines and greater elasticity of the skin in the treated area.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Obagi reduces signs of aging by stimulating production of collagen and elastin and stimulates the production new skin cells so as to rid your eyes of dullness and helps them to look fresher and more beautiful. It is a great, gentle treatment for dull, tired and mature skin around the eyes.
- A complex made of the two minerals zinc and copper which helps to improve the elasticity of the skin and improve its structure by helping to build collagen.
- A formulation of a substance called Malonic acid which Obagi has a patent currently pending on. This formulation is the ingredient which helps to stimulate the production of new skin cells.
- Powerful antioxidants including Vitamin E and extracts of Blueberry to tackle those damaging free radicals.
- An Obagi trade-marked technology called “Penetrating Therapeutics” which helps to ensure that all the active ingredients are taken into the skin where they can work effectively – rather than just sitting on the skin surface.
How to apply:-
Applying the eye cream is a piece of cake. Just apply it in the morning and night after cleansing and toning your face. First, dot the area around your eyes with the cream and then allow it to be absorbed into your skin by gently rubbing it in. Although you should be careful to avoid getting it into your eyes (and if it does manage to get in, wash your eyes with cold water), Obagi recommends that you use the product all around the periorbital area including the eyelids and inner and outer corners of the eyes.
The video below is the one I watched before deciding to go ahead and buy the cream, I think it is quite helpful and the time lapse photography showing results after different periods of use compared with the ‘before’ pictures really shows the effects of consistent use!
It is always great to see new anti aging products available in the market and this eye treatment is a great addition. I read quite a few reviews before making my purchase and there did seem to be more pros than cons!
- Long usage of this cream shows definite results.
- The product is not greasy and is easy to apply around the eyes.
- One jar lasts several months.
- Recommended by dermatologists and skin care professionals.
It is a little steep on the price – however, it is currently on sale at a great price on Amazon so that was the ‘clincher’ for me!
Top Tip: If you have normal to dry skin, like me, the cream is great (Obagi also recommend this for people living in cooler, dryer climates). However, if your skin is normal to oily, the gel version of this product is recommended and the manufacturers say this is also more suitable if you live in a hotter, more humid climate. The gel version is also available at a big discount on Amazon at the moment and you can visit the product page here.
So after much researching on the product and having a hands on experience with the product you may wonder whether I would purchase it again! My answer? Yes, I would most definitely purchase this eye cream again – especially at the price it is currently available on Amazon for! I have seen really good improvement in the first few weeks of using this product and I have not had any problems with it. My skin looks brighter and my fine lines and wrinkles are definitely looking softer.
In fact, I am so pleased with results so far, that I am now considering purchasing the Eye Complex Serum as I like the idea of applying it using a roller-ball applicator and the fact that it contains caffeine which will help with under eye puffiness. However, although this product is also available from Amazon, it is not currently offered at a big discount – so I may wait a while before splashing out!