In the words of the song “accentuate the positive, don’t stress the negative” and this is so true when it comes to eye makeup.
Properly applied, it can hide those first signs of aging, add drama to your features and draw attention away from areas of your face you are not so happy with.
In short, eye makeup and the way you apply it can transform your look, find out how with our twelve simple steps. You may need a little practise but you will be glad you persevered!
Our 12 Top Tips!
- Use your normal foundation on your eye area before applying any eye makeup. If you are using concealer for dark, under eye circles, follow our tips on applying this correctly so that you get the perfect, even base to work on when you start with your eye shadow.
- A gentle touch when using your eye makeup brush is essential and you must blend your shades carefully to avoid an unnatural look.
- To achieve a more dramatic look, dipping your makeup brush into water, then wiping it once across a clean facial tissue before brushing it over your chosen eye shadow color will give a much more intense and dramatic effect when you apply this to your lids.
- Wear the right color shadow for your eyes and the outfit you are wearing. Remember that when you have a tan, some colors will suit you better than when you are paler.
- For Blue eyes, choose blues, grays, violet and taupe for a more natural look. For evening wear or more dramatic effect, add in silver, pink or turquoise tones.